25 More Fabulous Baby Shower Ideas
Party Planner: Give Guests Something to Do
6. Game Time: The Internet is filled with baby shower games. “There are games you can buy (Baby Bingo, Baby Shower Scratch Off, etc.) or games you can do on your own (diapering blindfolded, identifying baby pictures of guests that they bring with them),” says Sherri Foxman, founder of Party411. Research the party games that will best suit your audience, whether tame and silly, or intellectual.
7. Innovative Party Favors: Instead of toiling away constructing cute party favors, supply your guests with inexpensive craft packets of fun projects such as a sachet, painted flowerpots, or simple jewelry.
8. Party with Purpose: “If you stage an activity it always makes for a better time,” shares Foxman. “We recently planned a scrapbooking shower where everyone put a page together at the shower itself. They had a ball.”
To throw your own scrapbooking shower, supply the materials for the pages or ask guests to bring materials to make their page as part of the shower.
9. Charity Crafts: Does your guest of honor have a really generous heart? Throw a shower that celebrates her new arrival and helps many other babies, too. The charity Newborns in Need (newbornsinneed.org) provides infants with handmade necessities such as buntings and layettes—many for preemies who do not have clothes to fit them. Download patterns and everyone can enjoy a sewing circle, then you can donate your wares. An even easier charity idea is to collect a toy or supply at the door for donation.
10. Conversation Starters: Buy a pre-made conversation game or make up your own questions about parenthood, babies, and pregnancy. Just ask a group of moms about labor and you’re sure to get an earful!
11. Take a Test: Use an online quiz website and print out copies of specially themed tests, which can include such topics as children’s nursery rhymes to popular names and baby stats. Give a prize to the winner!
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN