25 Fabulous Baby Shower Ideas
Looking for new decorating ideas? Try these for a bit of added ambiance.
10. Color, Color, Color: Blue, pink, and yellow have always been the standards for shower decorations. Make a bold choice by shying away from these colors and going with a more brilliant style. Colors that make a pop can be jewel tones like purple and gold or lush colors like moss green and rose.
11. A Little Bit of Country: Decorations with delicate bunches of lavender, white linen tablecloths, and potpourri-filled bowls add a sophisticated but homey touch.
12. A Touch of Class: Add sophisticated touches, like fresh flowers, elegant trays of patisserie finger foods, and candles in varying heights.
Remember your first priority should be to the guest of honor. During the shower, try these little steps to greatly increase mom-to-be’s enjoyment.
14. A Sense of Place: Design a special seating area where she can open presents, read cards, and participate in activities. The sitting space can be decorated in the theme of the party, but should also be comfy and roomy.
15. Crowd Control: As the hostess, keep your eye out for any tensions or unfavorable feelings from the mom-to-be or guests. If someone is stealing the spotlight or being rude, switch gears and quietly request a change in behavior.
16. The Doting Host: Look for cues that the expectant mom needs a break. If the shower is outdoors, make sure it is not too hot and that your guests have a sufficient supply of drinks and food.
Party Outside the Box
Try these out-of-the-box ideas for an original and fun baby shower.
17. Head Shots: Ask guests to bring baby pictures. Have you ever played the standard baby shower game of matching the baby photo to the guest? Add this fun twist: instead of just labeling names, have guests write quote bubbles next to the pictures. The quotes can answer a question, like “What do I want to be when I grow up?” Then afterward read the blurbs to everyone for some good laughs.
18. Crash the Party: Invite unexpected guests, like childhood friends, professors, or former coworkers. Make sure the guests would be a welcome surprise.
19. Male Invasion: Encourage the men to come to the party. Sometimes throwing in the opposite sex can lead to a more entertaining shower. Isn’t it always more fun to laugh at the guys trying out baby food or competing in a bottle-sucking race?
20. The Entertainer: Host some entertainment, like a local jazz band or amateur violinist. The music will add another layer to the party and provide a nice backdrop for conversation.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN