25 Fabulous Baby Shower Ideas
21. Let There Be Kids: Many women have difficulty finding childcare, and what could say “Welcome Baby” more than the laughter of children? Create a special spot for kids; set up with toys, books, and kid-friendly snacks.
22. Go Virtual: Host an online shower. Websites like webbabyshower.com offer a virtual party experience that is great for moms who live far away or who are on bed rest. Complete with printable keepsakes, party games, and registry links for easy online shopping, this idea will probably only get more popular.
23. After the Fact: So what do you do if you’re a mom who doesn’t know if a shower will be thrown for you? “In this day and age,” says Foxman, “it is completely appropriate to approach a close friend or family member and ask them to host a shower. Another option … wait until after the baby is born and have a ‘coming out’ party so it doesn’t seem like you’re throwing yourself a shower. This would be much more appropriate,” adds Foxman.
24. Video Shower: “If the mom-to-be is in a new area and hasn’t made new friends, and family isn’t close by, we’ve been known to host ‘video’ showers,” says Foxman. “Everyone sends gifts and someone video tapes the proceedings and mails everyone a copy! Ahh … the electronic age!”
And finally … some advice for the hostess:
25. R-E-L-A-X: “As for any party,” says Foxman, “relax. Many hostesses get stressed out because they want to make such a good impression. People generally have a great time when they get together, especially for a party as happy as a baby shower. Make your guest list, choose the space based on the number of guests, pick a theme … and go for it!”
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN