Your Clever Toddler in Week 100: Why Possessiveness Is a Good Sign
What your child learns this week
Week 100 Brain Booster
When your child is playing with a friend and claims something as “mine,” your first instinct may be to encourage sharing. But before you do, state the truth about it to reinforce your toddler’s burgeoning self-definition skills:
- “Yes, that is your blanket.”
- “Yes, that is your truck. Jeremy is playing with it right now, in one minute he’ll likely be done with it and then you can have a turn.”
- “Yes, I am your mommy but I’m also Alison’s mommy.”
- “No, that book is Marni’s. You can have a turn with it but she’ll be taking it home with her.”
Coming soon, look forward to: Week 101: Dialogue during Story Time Boosts Kids’ Vocabulary
Review the most recent accomplishments: Week 99: Why Hide and Seek Is So Fun Now
Curious about how else your toddler might be developing right now? Learn more about her clever brain and her growing body here:
- What’s happening in Month 24?
- Here’s what our pediatrician says you might be worried about this month.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN