Your Clever Toddler in Week 63: How New Words Help Your Child Learn to Categorize
What your child learns this week
Week 63 Brain Booster
Talk to and with your child as much as possible (and don’t feel silly for doing so!). See yourself as a play-by-play announcer at a sporting event describing what your child does, what you do, and what objects and others are doing around you. By using language, you not only assist your child as he learns to talk, you’re also helping him as he categorizes new words—”Oh, those are silverware, too”—and ultimately makes better sense of the world around him.
Week 63 Tool Kit
Related skills and topics include …
- Your Brilliant Baby in Week 51: Emerging First Words
- Week 52: The Importance of Pointing
- Week 46: Combining Categorizing and Imitating
- Toddler Language Development Guide
Curious about how else your toddler might be developing right now? Learn more about her clever brain and her growing body here:
- What’s happening in Month 15?
- Here’s what our pediatrician says you might be worried about this month.
YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN